The International Federation of Robotics connects the world of robotics around the globe.
The IFR was established as a non-profit organization in 1987.
Our institutional members come from the robotics industry, national or international industry associations and research & development institutes. Our federation directly represents over 90 members from more than 20 countries.
Our aim and purpose
- to promote the positive benefits of robots for productivity, competitiveness, economic growth and quality of work and life,
- to promote research, development, use and international co-operation in the entire field of robotics,
- to act as a focal point for organizations and governmental representatives in activities related to robotics,
- to promote and strengthen the robotics industry worldwide,
- to cause public awareness about robotics technologies and
- to deal with other matters of relevance to our members.
Vision and Mission
The vision of the IFR is for robotics to address societal challenges and create a better life for all.
The mission of the IFR is
- to create awareness of the positive impact of robots on our lives and society,
- to increase accessibility of robots and interaction with robotics,
- to enable the robotics industry to collaboratively leverage trends and advancements.
What we do
- We provide worldwide market data for surveys, studies and statistics
- Help manufacturers and integrators of robotics to enter new markets
- Shape the position of the industry on key topics like collaborative robots, artificial intelligence and the workplace of the future
- Inform the public and policy makers on key topics through press releases and regular IFR Executive Roundtable discussions (usually held in conunction to major international trade fairs).
- Stimulate research in robotics and promote links between science and industry (IERA Award)
- Foster the creation of alliances or partnerships among our members.
- The IFR sponsors the International Symposium on Robotics ISR - a conference on industrial and service robotics held since 1970
- Our federation actively co-operates with national and international robotics organizations
What we offer
- Communication - Platform for sharing information on latest technology trends and exchanging ideas
- Education - Central point to stay informed about technical and economic trends and developments.
- Networking - professional industry contacts with suppliers, partners and end users.
- Advocacy - supporting worldwide, national and local policies fostering the adoption of robotics